Summerset Assisted Living Adult Day Care Program
At Summerset Assisted Living Center of Atlanta, Georgia, we’ve always been committed to helping you and your loved one personalize your assisted living experience to get just what you need. If you or your loved one currently isn’t in need of full-time assisted living services, we offer an adult day care center for non-permanent residents during the day.
What is Adult Day Care?
Adult day care is simply a care service we offer for seniors during the day. It is a specially designed program for those who seek companionship and daily assistance without the need for the accommodations of a full-on assisted living program. Compared to home care, adult day services ensure your loved one has social interaction and access to health services. Whether you’re looking for respite care or a way for your loved one to stay physically and socially active in their retirement, adult day centers are an excellent option! At Summerset Assisted Living, we provide those involved in our adult day care programs with the same comfort and family-style care that all of our residents experience.
When to Consider Adult Day Care
It can be difficult to know when to transition your loved one into any type of external care. At Summerset, we understand the emotional weight these kinds of decisions can carry and want to help make the process easier for both caregivers and their loved ones. The National Adult Day Services Association (NADSA) recommends considering adult day care more seriously when an older adult:
- Cannot structure their own daily activities
- Finds it difficult to initiate and focus on an activity
- Is isolated and desires a community and social activity during the day
- Is not safe to be left alone for extended periods of time
- Lives with someone who is unable to give them the level of care they need because of work, school, or other obligations
- Needs help with most personal care activities
- Has been diagnosed with a later stage of Alzheimer’s disease or has other significant cognitive impairments
- Requires a level of care that leads to your own anxiety or compromised mental, emotional, or physical health